2.07.2011

Whew!

What a weekend!!!

Friday night, my cousin Chris & his wife Brittany came into town from Michigan to celebrate my baby shower. We all stayed up late Friday night talking. Then Saturday was the big day. After the shower, a giant group came over to our house for some delicious dinner (catered by Trifles.) We stayed up late talking about baby stuff & playing Cribbage. haha.We also found out some awesome news!!!! Brittany is due in August! We are so happy for the both of them!!!

Then Sunday morning, Jimmy made us waffles & eggs. mmm...mmm....mmm... We said our
goodbyes as Chris & Brit left for home. Alrighty, now it was time to get some of the Super Bowl Party stuff together.

I was a little stressed on the timing: (baby shower saturday-super bowl party sunday) but it actually worked out very well! We had a little bit of food left over from the shower to serve, including my mom's delicious cake!!!! Everyone also brought AWESOME food to munch on.
My chili turned out well! (it's kind of a big deal) haha I didn't have any, bc it would have given me heartburn. So I am having some today for lunch. As long as I eat it earlier in the day, hopefully it won't affect me at night.

We had a great crowd! During halftime we played 2 intense matches of LCR (that's Left-Right-Center, for those of you who call it that). In the first match, the last one standing (Jake) rolled a "C" so we all got our money back & got a chance to play again. Then Kristy won the pot at the end of the 2nd match! We were all pounding on the ping-pong table chanting "C! C! C! C!" It was a really good time!

Pre-game pix: while Jimmy explains the rules
There were about 2 die hard Steelers fans, 2 either way fans, and everyone else was rooting for the Packers!
Now I should go get some rest, but I keep putting off my nap. I really need one though!

1 comment:

Jimmy 5 said...

That was one heck of a weekend... You know its been a great weekend when I look forward to going back to work on monday to get some rest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...