6.21.2010

R.I.P. Little Mr. Man

cooper passed away last night.

they found out he was diabetic & think he may have had pancreatitis. he was only 6 years old. he was honestly the coolest cat in the whole world. he played fetch, greeted us at the door EVERYTIME, cuddled, played tag with Daisy, did this "kneading" thing to us when we laid on us, made the funniest noise when we sprinted through the house, bit people, talked to us, the most curious cat, jumped up through tubes, very playful, loved to go outside or sit in the window, growled- especially at mikey, loving, extremely loving to jimmy & I.

i feel like i lost my best friend. it's the weirdest thing. last night when we found out, i was in shock. how could he go from being the awesome playful Cooper that we know to this? it would be different if he was old and we were expecting it. but he wasn't and we weren't. we got to say goodbye, but we were hoping it was just a "see ya in the morning." it's so quiet and lonely here today. he took such good care of himself, someone asked me where i got him groomed. i never did- he did it all. this is so weird.

i think i got an hour of sleep last night. i woke up crying so hard. Mr. Boo wasn't laying there in his bed next to daisy. it's just so hard bc he wasn't just a cat & this was SOOOO unexpected.

who is gonna sit on my books or magazines while i'm trying to read them? or hide in the closets or under the covers? Who is gonna hiss at mike when he comes over? who is gonna keep daisy company while we are gone? who is gonna cuddle with me on the couch when jimmy isn't here? who is gonna cuddle with jimmy when i'm not here? who is gonna live in boxes & chew them to show that they are his? who is gonna whine at me to give him breakfast or to let him out? who is gonna bite molly & riley when they come over? who is gonna let me take pictures of their gorgeous face & magical green eyes? who is gonna sit on my lap when i blog?

i just hope this is a nightmare and i'm gonna wake up soon.

we love you & will miss you.

you could NEVER be replaced.

Cooper Lucifer
10.31.03-06.20.10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T I am so sorry for your loss. It is the worst to lose a pet especially so young. I was so shocked when you texted last night that he was ill. I just saw him how unexpected for you both. I miss you and hope we can spend time together soon. Love you Korri

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...