1.10.2017

New Year...New.....Year

I'm not a resolution person.  Mainly because I know I won't stick to it.  I don't have the willpower.  Last year, I started working out and I was doing such a great job.  Then March came around and I just basically stopped.  So, then when it got nicer outside, I started running.  And again, I was so into it.  I did it almost everyday.  I even noticed results (finally). Then school started and I was either too tired, too busy, or let's be honest, too friggin' lazy.  And again here I go with not sticking to things.  A friend told me about this new workout place.  We can drop off our kids at school and go over and do it.  I asked her if it was going to actually kick my ass.  Because I need something to whip me back into shape.  Well, it did.  I felt so amazing after class.  I was in a great mood and even though I still was not happy with my body I knew that there will be results because I was IN PAIN!  Thank the Lord!  I found something to hold me accountable.  I set up an account and signed up for a lot of classes.  Then I got sick.   One night after being sick for 3 weeks, I coughed and popped something in my back.  Haven't gone to the doctor for it, but I can't lay on that part of my back because it hurts so bad.  It feels like there is a mass in there.  So weird.  And once again, I stopped working out. And once again, I was in crappy moods.  And once again, I was in a rut.  Did NOT like how my body looked.  I felt huge and I was tired all of the time.  Lead to winter break.  I went to bed after midnight almost every night and woke up around 930 everyday.  I was off my routine and not happy.  Cue the new year....

I didn't start working out on New Year's Day.  Again, I'm not a resolution person.  I'm not about to start being all healthy Day 1 of the new year.  However, I did clean my house a little bit.  I'm sick of seeing clutter everywhere, it gives me anxiety.  Slowly, I'm going through things and tossing stuff.  We got rid of a lot in the kids' playroom, I decluttered the kitchen counters, we finally hung up stuff on the walls.  The stuff that has been collecting dust while sitting on the floor next to where they should have been hung.  I got rid of some clothes, too.  And this is just the beginning.  I'm feeling very good about purging this stuff, so I think it's going to continue.  And my cough is slowly going away.  I still can't hit the high note when I sing, which is very frustrating.  No joke, my voice just goes completely silent when I hit certain notes.  But since I'm feeling a little better, I started working out again.  Trying to ride the bike at least 3-4x/week.  I started the Sex & The City series again for like the 100th time, watching while I ride.  And today I got back into working out at The Set.  And Adam kicked my ass again!  I swear I won't be able to lift anything tomorrow.  I can barely move my arms.  :)  Also, while I was doing some lunges, I put my hands around my hips and I actually felt skinnier.  I know there is no way that I've lost pounds just from riding the bike 4 times in the past year....but hold up....I weighed myself.  I was about 132 during the holidays. This morning I was at 128!!!  Yes, I know there cannot be anyway of seeing results already, but I'm feeling better about myself and I'm going to go with that!

February is coming up and is usually a rough month for me.  Living in Northeast Ohio, we don't see the sun shine from December-March.  And February is the time I realize that I'm ready to kill myself. One year, I took a trip by myself to Arizona and it was amazing!  I needed that February Recharge.  This year, I think Jimmy should do it.  But he probably won't, so maybe I can sneak in and do it!

So, hopefully I will continue to stay on this road to happiness.  But as history has repeated itself in the past, I'm sure I will get bored and lazy and just stop.  I am really enjoying getting rid of things though.  No joke, I want to go through a room today and just throw shit out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...