11.08.2014

Some House Progress

So I wanted to get a Dinner Bell.  I'm not the loudest whistler.  And as I was walking around the house, I noticed this bell outside the laundry room/mudroom door.  YES!  There's my bell! photo blogit3816_zps01de380c.jpg


So here is part of our backyard.  We live on 1.5 acres and the backyard is awesome!  There was a surprise treehouse in the wooded part and there is a white picket fence.  I know cliche but still sweet. I can't wait until next spring to start some landscaping  Jimmy wants to cut down that tree in the middle of this picture.  And put up a shed in that area.

 photo blogit3817_zpsbf3575f1.jpg


So here's the back of the house.  It needs a lot of work.  Can't wait to pressure wash it!  There is a brick patio that is just kinda, eh.  Ha.  Maybe this summer we will put up a deck.


 photo blogit3818_zps795e2326.jpg




 photo blogit3819_zps8705759c.jpg



Hey there's my dinner bell!  Ha

 photo blogit3820_zps0e19f42d.jpg


I'd like to put bar stools and a little bar off that big kitchen window as well.

 photo blogit3821_zpsb1d4d69f.jpg

Now, let's move onto the rest of the house.

So the kitchen cabinets were delivered.  We unpacked them all and then realized that they sent us the wrong ones.  So that's cool.  Now the remodel is taking a lot longer than we had hoped.  Not to mention that we had to tear out ALL of the carpet upstairs.  The renters, let their two dogs use the entire upstairs to go to the bathroom for 2 years.  No joke.  You would be AMAZED at all of the stains.  Some stains were so big, that the dog had to have peed there over 40 times.  It was unbelievable.   I really hope I never run into those assholes.



 photo blogit3822_zpse863b198.jpg


The dining room.   The color was called Wet Coral.  Ew.   Just ew.  

 photo blogit3823_zps878e9082.jpg




 photo blogit3824_zps688b5d28.jpg


This was after we redid the floors.

 photo blogit3825_zpsa38a18dc.jpg



And this was after we painted it.  I would like to do an accent wall with a high gloss stencil.  That will be a winter project.  I was also thinking of painting the upper part of the ceiling a grey as well, to make it pop.  I've seen people do that, and it looks awesome.  I'm going to paint the chandelier a different color and see how it looks before buying a different one.
 photo blogit3826_zpsefb159e5.jpg




 photo blogit3827_zpsd6a9c3e7.jpg

Don't worry.  That hideous yellow in the foyer is gone.



The kitchen.  The floor was horrible.  Very slippery when wet white tile with pretty much black grout.  Jimmy & his dad laid down a porcelain tile that looks like wood.  Looks great!  My mom and I painted the kitchen.  The color isn't exactly what I had envisioned, but it will do.  I wanted something a little more grey.



 photo blogit3828_zps309de21d.jpg


Here is what color the spare bedroom was.

 photo blogit3829_zps8e6bfc78.jpg



 photo blogit3830_zps1511069e.jpg

It's not a teal.

 photo blogit3831_zpsc4034175.jpg

I was thinking teal with rose gold fixtures.  Oh and that spot on the rug up there....yeah that's a burn.  The effing renters BURNED the carpet!

 photo blogit3832_zpsacee47b2.jpg


The living room.   I really liked the color it was.  Didn't want to change it.  But the walls needed a lot of work from all of the holes from over the years.


 photo blogit3833_zps9604d843.jpg


These sheers and rods will be going back up.

 photo blogit3834_zpsade312d3.jpg

I picked a color that is very similar and we stained the floors darker.

 photo blogit3835_zpse8b6a035.jpg



 photo blogit3836_zpsdf7cf8f5.jpg

Ryder's room.  Yeah....

 photo blogit3837_zps1a35c079.jpg

Chose the same color as his nursery.  I really like it a lot.

 photo blogit3840_zps2f256322.jpg



 photo blogit3838_zps9df61d4b.jpg

His favorite color is yellow and his room colors were grey & yellow so I just painted his closet yellow.  I figured it will be blocked by clothes and stuff anyway.  And it adds character instead of being plain old white.  Plus ALL of the closets needed painted.  Those renters are disgusting people.


 photo blogit3839_zps3f0a6fc7.jpg


So that's all the photos I have now.  I will try to take more asap.  We have done a lot more.  Just haven't had time to photograph it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...